Resource Center : Resources for TALENTS : Using Voice123.com
How does Voice123 handle the contact information of the voice seekers?
To protect the contact information of the voice seekers, Voice123 never publishes it in the "Project Details" page. The company name, however, is shown in certain cases. In order for you to be able to see the name of the company that posted a project, all of the following criteria must be met:
- You must be signed in.
- The project must be opened. If the project is closed the company name is not displayed.
- You must have been invited to submit an audition or proposal to the project. If you haven't been invited you won't be able to see the company name.
- The voice seeker should have agreed to show the company name. Some voice seekers want to protect their company name as part of their contact information (see reasons below).
Why do voice seekers want to protect their contact information?
These are several reasons:
1. The contact information is protected because many voice seekers prefer to fully handle the project through Voice123. As such, there is no need for the talent or voice producer to contact the voice seeker directly using other means.
2. The contact information is protected as some projects may be highly secretive (because of marketing strategies, development, etc.). If the name of the voice seeker is published, their competition may figure out their plans.
3. The contact information is protected as some unscrupulous users may use that information and, using research tools like Google, find out the contact information of the voice seeker. With the contact information on hand, they could spam (send unsolicited messages) to the voice seeker offering unsolicited services. Unfortunately this has actually happened in the past and voice seekers have complained.
Voice123 tries to screen voice seekers using many tools. We try to verify all the information provided by them with the objective of posting as many legitimate projects as possible coming from serious companies. We keep their contact information in our records in case we need to contact them.
Legal Note: Although Voice123 tries to determine the legitimacy of all voice seekers, you are responsible for conducting your own investigation regarding any and all claims made by prospective voice seekers, agents and/or clients. You assume all liability for use of any information you find through Voice123, LLC, or any of its publications.
Located at 902 Broadway New York City, NY