Article # 33
Resources for TALENTS : Using Voice123.com
Tips on Securing Payments for Jobs
On the internet you interact with all kinds of individuals and companies who require your services as a voice over under specific conditions. To ensure you are paid for your work, get the information for the project, provide a quote, and schedule the project in your agenda. Once you have completed the project, submit it along with an invoice for your services. You obviously want to get paid for your work. But, what happens when a client doesn�t seem to know or care about paying you?
The following are useful tips on how to prevent this from happening, or to try to correct it if it does happen:
- Request as much information from the client as possible. You can create a form for the client to fill out with his/her name, address, telephone number, website, email address, company name, business type, etc.
- Confirm this information. You can look up almost any name, address, phone number or URL on the Internet, or with any other directory resource, to make sure that the information provided is accurate. You can also look up website ownership, by using domain search engines such as www.networksolutions.com.
- If deemed necessary, create a service agreement and have the client sign it and fax it back to you before starting the project.
- Make sure to set clear payment conditions. If you are going to submit an invoice, make sure to specify the payment deadline before you start working on the project.
- It is acceptable to request an advanced payment for your services. Keep in mind that you have to offer similar guarantees to the client that has put money down on his or her project. Though keep in mind that you have to offer similar guarantees to the client that has put money down on their project.
- Keep the lines of communication open at all times. Make sure that you can contact the client with any questions or concerns and vice versa.
- Use the services of a collection agency. There are a few collection agencies able to operate worldwide www.bilateral.com, or you can find a collection service locally on the Internet using business directories or the Yellow Pages.
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.