In an effort to prevent delays that could jeopardize a voice actor's chance of being hired for legitimate work, we have reverted our message set up so that most messages aren't blocked.
This means that you will receive messages from any registered client, so it's up to you to determine who you want to work with and recognize potential leads for your business, as well as differentiate between scams and legitimate work.
Voice123 gives the following advice on avoiding scams:
- Trust your instincts
- Never wire funds
- Don't extend payments to anyone you haven't met in person
- Remember to always protect your work and consider using watermarks
- Ask questions before disclosing your personal information
Red flags to look out for:
- The message has suspicious content.
- The contact asks you to provide sensitive or personal information.
- You are required to make a payment or perform some transaction.
- You are requested to provide services that differ from the ones listed on your profile.
If you come across a suspicious or inappropriate message, please let us know immediately by contacting email@example.com, or by clicking 'flag' on the message itself.
We will then take the necessary action by reviewing the user's activity and/or legitimacy and block them if needed.
Article is closed for comments.