Voice123 values the safety and privacy of our users. As such, we remind our user that we’re an open marketplace and it’s their responsibility to ensure that the connections they make through our site are real and mutually beneficial. You must vet all your Clients, outside of what you see on their Project pages, profiles or the messages you receive from them.
An example of a typical scam:
They will start with a message asking for an audition or demo.
They’ll then get in touch and tell you that you cannot see the script, but it will be released shortly before the recording, and they'll have a local studio where they'd like you to record.
They’ll issue you a check that includes your pay and a portion that you will need to send to another individual.
They’ll then send you a studio location where you will supposedly record.
However, the check will turn out to be false. You’ll cash it, send the money to the other individual, but within days your bank will contact you that the check bounced. On calling the studio, they’ll have no record of a booking for you.
Please always remember to:
- Trust your instincts and never wire funds
- That you are your own business and as such you have to take care
- Do not extend payment to anyone you have not met in person
- Try to negotiate payments through safer means such as PayPal
- If someone makes a booking for you at a studio, please contact the studio to confirm
Please be careful when dealing with people you don’t know online, whether on Voice123 or other websites.