- All voice actors can request feedback, irrespective of membership level
- You can request feedback on auditions for projects that require a custom audition only.
- You can send feedback requests to your peers, clients, mentors, etc. via email. If you don’t have a client’s email address and you were invited to audition for their project directly or have exchanged messages with them, you can see their email address by visiting their client profile. This is to avoid having clients receive too many feedback requests from voice actors with whom they may not already have a professional relationship with.
- You can also share your request via social media.
- All feedback is private. It’s only visible to the owner of the profile and those who have been invited to provide feedback.
- Requesting feedback will not affect the Voice123 algorithm or your statistics. This is a completely separate functionality, with the main objective being to help you learn how you can improve your voice over craft and as a professional voice actor. You can request feedback on your speed, volume, pronunciation, accent, equipment, etc.
How to request feedback:
- After submitting a proposal, you will see a banner in the Your Proposal tab. Click on request feedback.
2. Enter the email addresses of those who you’d like to request feedback from. Make sure to separate multiple email addresses with a comma.
3. Enter your feedback request. Be specific about what you’d like feedback on.
4. Click SEND
5. You can also request additional feedback on social media.
- You will be notified via email for every new feedback received.
- As soon as you receive your first feedback, you’ll see a section at the bottom of your voice actor profile, titled Feedback received.
*Note: All feedback is private. Only the owner of the profile and the invitees will be able to see it.